Watch our short movies and learn the basics in a few minutes.
The core functionality of Online Proofing is of course collecting feedback. This video shows how it’s done.
Comparing versions is one of the benefits of Online Proofing. It’s an easy way to see how alterations executed.
Within the tab Proof Details you can keep an eye on the progress. Each reviewer has a circle around his or her initials. These circles will fill, and indicate the current step the reviewer is at.
To gain insight into the actual dimensions.
Choose the right tool
1. The line. Draws a straight line, ideal for crossing text or large areas.
2. The arrow. The best choice to indicate movement. For example, if something needs to be moved to a different location on the page.
3. The circle. This tool is often used to indicate an area.
4. The rectangle. This tool is also often used to indicate an area.
5. The text tool. Allows you to select text. Additional text options will also be available as soon as you select them. (see 6 to 10 below)
Working with the text-tools
6. Text selection. The standard choice for selecting text.
7. Replace text. If replacement text has to be provided instead of the selection.
8. Delete text. If the selected text needs to be deleted.
9. Add text. If additional text needs to be added to the selection.
10. Copy text. Copies the selected text to your clipboard, which can then be pasted with CTRL+V.
In the project detail menu you can see the progress per person. The quarter
circles around the avatar change color as they progress in the process.
1st quarter – The invitation mail has arrived successfully.
2nd quarter – The file has been opened and viewed.
3rd quarter – Comment / feedback has been left.
4th quarter – This user has submitted a decision.
(Approved, Approved with Changes of Changes Required)
Send files back to the studio
Once your feedback has been added to the file, it can be returned to the studio. At the top of the screen you will find the button “submit decision”. If you click on this, you will see five choices. The top three apply to us.
Approved. Indicates that the file is approved without any adjustments.
Approved with changes. Indicates that the file is approved once the specified feedback has been processed.
Changes required. The file is not yet agreed and the feedback can be processed.
Not Relevant. This option can be selected if your opinion or feedback is not relevant.
Pending. As long as you have not made a choice, the button pending is selected.
The studio will be notified as soon as you have made a choice.
This opens a menu with more information about the project.
Download the original PDF file.
Set up notifications
If you feel that you are informed too much or too little, you can adjust your preferences with this button.
This allows you to compare versions side by side. This way you can easily see what the comment was or what has been changed.